- A first or second class undergraduate honours degree from a UK university or overseas equivalent, or a professional qualification and/or experience considered to be equivalent to the above.
- A HND/HNC in a related subject area plus two years relevant organisational experience.
- A Certificate in Personal Practice, a Certificate in Training Practice, a Certificate in Recruitment and Selection, or an equivalent CIPD certificated programme, plus two years’ relevant experience.
- Applications are also invited under the widening participation agenda from individuals who do not possess the above qualifications but who may have significant organisational experience. In such cases, students will need to demonstrate at least 8 years relevant organisational experience, with at least three years in an HR role, or five years in a relevant role, for example a supervisory or management role. Admission to the programme will be based on an evaluation of the applicant’s ability to contribute to, benefit from and achieve the award.
- A reference from a tutor who has supervised your undergraduate studies, or your employer;
- You may apply for accreditation of prior learning (APL) subject to the guidelines set out in the UWBS APL Handbook. APL includes accreditation of prior certificated learning and/or accreditation of prior experiential learning.
- Students holding the PgD Human Resource Management may be eligible to enter with advanced standing.
Months of entry
Whether you are starting a career in Human Resource Management or are already working in the sector, and if you would like to progress at a professional level, this Human Resource Management Masters which is accredited by the CIPD can help you to achieve your career goals. Our business school holds devolved status from the CIPD and was given after ten years of student performance above the national average in all areas
You may already have studied at a university, or perhaps have some work experience in a related people management role. As a student on this MA you will have the opportunities to initiate or improve your critical understanding of complex managerial, HR and organisational issues. The course will develop the knowledge; skills and attitudes appropriate to middle and senior management and advanced practitioners in the HR field. If you are not already a member of the CIPD the successful completion of the course enables you to apply for Chartered Membership Status.
The course will assist you to make a strategic contribution to any organisation; it will also advance your career allowing you to successfully compete for higher level posts within the field of HR. This course not only gives you the advanced diploma through CIPD accreditation but also awards you a Masters from a well respected university who is committed to widening participation and innovative programmes.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 01902 32 22 22