The entry requirement for the part-time MA HRM (top-up) is a postgraduate diploma in Human Resource Management.
For the MA award you should have:
- A first or second class undergraduate honours degree from a UK university or overseas equivalent, or a professional qualification and/or experience considered to be equivalent to the above.
- A HND/HNC in a related subject area plus two years relevant organisational experience.
- A Certificate in Personal Practice, a Certificate in Training Practice, a Certificate in Recruitment and Selection, or an equivalent CIPD certificated programme, plus two years’ relevant experience.
- Applications are also invited under the widening participation agenda from individuals who do not possess the above qualifications but who may have significant organisational experience. In such cases, students will need to demonstrate at least 8 years relevant organisational experience, with at least three years in an HR role, or five years in a relevant role, for example a supervisory or management role. Admission to the programme will be based on an evaluation of the applicant’s ability to contribute to, benefit from and achieve the award.
- A reference from a tutor who has supervised your undergraduate studies, or your employer;
- You may apply for accreditation of prior learning (APL) subject to the guidelines set out in the UWBS APL Handbook. APL includes accreditation of prior certificated learning and /or accreditation of prior experiential learning.
- Students holding the PgD Human Resource Management may be eligible to enter with advanced standing.
- Entry also available to those who successfully complete the UWBS Masters Entry course.
Part time students only:
- Applications are also welcome from individuals who do not possess the above qualifications but who have significant management experience and are able to demonstrate previous non-certificated learning equivalent to the above. In such cases, admission to the programme will be based on an evaluation of the applicant’s ability to continue to benefit from and achieve the award.
- You will normally have appropriate and relevant work experience.
Months of entry
This course (also available as a top-up) recognises that people management is a key force for successful economic growth, and enables you to develop your understanding of a range of management and business practices and the ability to apply them effectively and innovatively.
You may choose to study the part-time PG Diploma or the full/part-time MA, or the part-time top-up degree.
Providing opportunities to gain knowledge and skills pertinent to your development as a Human Resource (HR) professional, our programme is designed to give you the chance to operate in international environments and cultivate analytical and evaluation skills that can be applied to real work situations.
As a full-time student, you will have the chance to develop an understanding of complex and challenging business environments, with opportunities to visit companies working in an international context such as Toyota, JCB and Whitbread – giving you valuable experience of the concepts you study in class.
Coupled with an innovative assessment portfolio, you are provided with an inclusive and dynamic learning experience based on the principles of continuous professional development.
Information for international students
TOEFL 550 or above, an IELTS score of 6.0 or above or evidence of equivalent English proficiency. Visit: www.wlv.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Wolverhampton Business School
- 01902 321081