Normally you should have an Honours Degree of equivalent in law or a related subject with some degree of legal content. We may also accept a professional qualification deemed to be equivalent to this. Other qualifications or experience which demonstrate appropriate legal or related knowledge will be considered. You should also have a good standard of written and spoken English (IELTS 6.0 or equivalent).
Months of entry
- Commercially and legally relevant to both the oil and natural gas industry and law firms and consultancies that deal with them.
- The programme is relevant for those already in work, as well as those aiming for a career within large and / or multinational companies as well as law firms and consultancies.
- It combines a practical view of the issues with an in depth analysis of the relevant law and its utilisation in the context of the programme.
- Assessment is varied including research focused assignments, exams, reports and presentations.
- Additionally there is a dissertation on a topic agreed between the student and tutor – which can be tailored to your personal career needs.
This course is well suited to those who are seeking career progression, as well as those planning a career in law, the oil or gas industries, investment banking, international consultancy firms, commerce and those who wish to concentrate on academic study.
Typical modules include: law relating to project and corporate finance, environmental management systems , international project finance (oil and gas), intellectual property law , international commercial awareness, research methods and the dissertation.
Information for international students
TOEFL 550; IELTS 6.0; or equivalent English proficiency. Visit: www.wlv.ac.uk/international
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Please see contact details below
- 0800 953 3222