Normally, you should have an Honours degree or equivalent in Law or a related subject with a high law content. We will also accept a professional qualification deemed to be equivalent to an appropriate Honours degree. Other qualifications or experience which demonstrate appropriate legal or related knowledge will also be considered. You should also have a good standard of written and spoken English (IELTS 6.0 or equivalent).
Months of entry
The programme will provide students with knowledge and critical analysis of key themes of commercial and corporate law set against an international backdrop of the legal aspects of corporate and financial activity. A professionally focused programme designed to provide advanced knowledge and skills directly relevant to the international and commercial law sector through the delivery of intellectually stimulating course content underpinned in many areas by internationally recognised research.
Study of the prescribed modules gives students the opportunity to critically analyse and understand the complexities arising in this specialist field; challenging and informing global and comparative perspectives. Degree content is underpinned by the significance of engagement with existing and emerging research and advanced scholarship. It will challenge your thinking and stimulate your academic aspirations in the field of corporate and financial law.
The programme's full-time and flexible part-time options mean that it is relevant for those already in work, as well as those aiming for a career with a legal focus within large and/or international companies.
Assessments are varied, including case study analysis, research-focused assignments, preparation of reports, simulated presentation to a corporate board and formal examinations.
Additionally, there is a dissertation on a topic agreed between the student and the award tutor – this can be tailored to your personal development needs and future career focus.
- This course is well suited to those who are seeking career progression, including those planning a career in law, investment banking, international accountancy, commerce, the financial services industry.
- For those who wish to continue in further academic study upon completion of the course you could also consider studying at MPhil/PhD level.
In addition to completion of a specialist advanced research methods module and dissertation, modules on this award include:
• International Commercial Awareness
• Law Relating to Capital Markets and International Banking Law
• International Corporate Governance
• International Corporate liquidation
• Financial Services and Financial Crime
Information for international students
TOEFL 550; IELTS 6.0; or equivalent English proficiency. Visit: www.wlv.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Please see contact details below
- 0800 953 3222