- A first or second class undergraduate honours degree from a UK university or overseas equivalent, or a professional qualification and/or experience considered to be equivalent to the above.
- A reference from a tutor who has supervised your undergraduate studies, or your employer;
- You may apply for accreditation of prior learning (APL) subject to the guidelines set out in the UWBS APL Handbook. APL includes accreditation of prior certificated learning and /or accreditation of prior experiential learning.
For Direct Entry to Diploma Stage:
- CIM Professional Diploma in Marketing/CIM Diploma in Marketing or equivalent OR minimum three years evidenced and approved Marketing Management experience plus interview.
For Direct Entry to MSc:
- Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing Direct entrants to the Diploma and MSc Top-up stages will be required to provide evidence of their experience and/or achievement, and provide details of their current/recent employer so that if necessary, references may be obtained.
Part time students only:
- Applications are also welcome from individuals who do not possess the above qualifications but who have significant management experience and are able to demonstrate previous non-certificated learning equivalent to the above. In such cases, admission to the programme will be based on an evaluation of the applicant’s ability to continue to benefit from and achieve the award. You will normally have appropriate and relevant work experience.
Months of entry
The MSc Marketing offers you the opportunity to enhance your knowledge and understanding of marketing, and prepare you for a management career as a professional marketer.
The programme seeks to develop key skills for managers operating at a senior level, such as formulating and managing research, presentations, problem-solving and organising and managing group-based projects.
The course structure allows you to gain valuable knowledge and skills in the theory and applications of marketing across a wide range of functions and contexts – such as small and large businesses, not-for-profit organisations, and the retail and commercial sectors.
In today’s highly dynamic global environment, a complexity of factors, including technology, enterprise and innovation, have a significant impact on marketing systems and functions. With this in mind, full-time MSc Marketing students will join with peers from other postgraduate courses offered by the University of Wolverhampton Business School on a weekend residential, where you will experience these issues in action, combining an authentic business experience and enjoyable social function.
By the end of the course you will have acquired high-level knowledge and an understanding of marketing concepts and principles, theoretical frameworks and applied analysis through a range of learning experiences including live case studies, visiting speakers and blended learning.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language, a TOEFL score of 550 or above, an IELTS score of 6.0 or above or evidence of English proficiency equivalent to the above. Visit: www.wlv.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
Employer or self-funded.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 0800 952 3222