- An Honours degree normally (2:2) or higher from a United Kingdom higher education institution or equivalent qualification. Applicants with a 3rd class degree will be considered on an individual basis.
- Grade C/level 4 at GCSE in English Language, Mathematics and Science (or equivalent) passed at time of entry.
- School experience is desirable, but not essential prior to an interview. At interview we will discuss relevant prior school experience or opportunities applicants have had to work with school aged children. It is at this point that we would discuss with a candidate whether additional school experience would support an individual in their decision that teaching is right for them.
- Department for Education Professional Skills tests in English and Mathematics must be passed prior to entry.
Months of entry
This course offers an immersive and inspiring, school-centred training route into teaching.
At Worcester the PGCE: School Direct Primary is tailored to your needs - building on your existing strengths and expertise.
Our course is inclusive and innovative in its design and delivery, and places you at the heart of a thriving school community from day one.
- Full immersion in the daily life of a school and all the existing challenges that brings
- Breadth and depth of experience across a range of schools
- Outstanding additional opportunities for enrichment and extension
- A dynamic taught programme, ensuring depth and breadth across all Early Years and Primary subjects
- Unparalleled personal and academic support throughout the programme and beyond
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Helen Bayfield
- 01905 855073