- An Honours degree normally (2:2) or higher from a United Kingdom higher education institution or equivalent qualification, in a relevant subject area. Applicants with a 3rd class degree will be considered on an individual basis.
- Grade C/level 4 at GCSE in English Language, Mathematics and Science (or equivalent) passed at time of entry.
- School experience is desirable, but not essential prior to an interview. At interview we will discuss relevant prior school experience or opportunities applicants have had to work with school aged children. It is at this point that we would discuss with a candidate whether additional school experience would support an individual in their decision that teaching is right for them.
- Department for Education Professional Skills tests in English and Mathematics must be passed prior to entry.
Months of entry
This course provides an immersive and inspiring, school-centred training route into teaching. The innovative design and delivery of the course places the trainee at the heart of a thriving school community from day one.
At Worcester you will benefit from our excellent partnerships with schools throughout the West Midlands region and beyond. We also provide state of the art facilities to support your research, subject knowledge and communication skills - enabling you to deliver teaching with impact.
Graduates enjoy excellent employability prospects as the majority of our partner schools offer early career teaching posts to our PGCE trainees.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Direct Administrator