Prior to entry, students must have as a minimum an honours degree (2:2) or equivalent Grade C in GCSE or equivalent in English, Mathematics and Science. These GCSE (or equivalent) qualifications should have been obtained at the time of application Successful completion of the National College for Teaching and Learning Professional Skills test for Literacy and Numeracy. You will need to have evidence of some recent work experience in a primary school or nursery setting before applying for the course, ideally 5-10 days’ practice in a primary, Foundation or Nursery setting (within the last year). Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed. All Trainee Teachers are required to satisfactorily complete a medical questionnaire to demonstrate their fitness to teach, to obtain a Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced disclosure and to register with the General Teaching Council for England. If your qualifications are not listed, please contact the Admissions Office for advice.
Extended subjects offered include the National Curriculum subjects, French, ICT, RE, SEN and Advanced Early Years. Candidates apply for the course selecting which of these they would like to develop as their Extended Subject, based on their qualifications and/or experience.
Months of entry
- Worcester is one of the country's leading providers of teaching training, with an excellent reputation in this area
- With 60 credits at Masters level and a strong international reputation, a PGCE is a great career choice
- Our Pedagogy & Professional Practice element explores wider issues of education and society, enhancing your prospects as a future leader in the profession
- Our PGCE gives you the option to take the PGCE Primary with Mathematics pathway and to become a Mathematics Specialist - this dual option is provided by only a handful of universities in the country
- PE specialist is also a unique pathway choice when you apply to Worcester
- Personalised support package in transition from trainee to Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) helping you to identify your development needs and excel as a teacher
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||50|
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- 01905 855111