Minimum 2:2 Honours degree in Psychology. Other qualifications, together with appropriate experience, or substantial related experience alone, will be considered.
Please see the University website for more comprehensive entry requirements.
Months of entry
If you're passionate about therapeutic care, our MSc Counselling programme will bring you a step closer to a career in counselling or clinical psychology. You will strengthen your theoretical knowledge, debate issues and hone your research skills, all of which you can apply to your career in healthcare.
You can tailor your course to your preferences by choosing from a number of pathways. You also have the option to study part-time, providing you with a flexible degree that can fit alongside your busy life. After you've completed the course, you'll be able to register for professional training or further study. Whatever your career interests may be, we will support you to become a confident and experienced counselling practitioner.
- Available as a full-time (one year) or part-time (up to six years) course
- The opportunity to complete Intermediate Counselling Awards, providing flexibility for our students
- A combination of teaching methods including group seminars, lead lectures, individual tutorials and online resources
- Staff with extensive experience in a range of psychology and psychotherapeutic settings
Information for international students
International students must hold a qualification equivalent to a UK first or second class honours degree.
The IELTS score for international applicants is 6.5 (with no less than 5.5 in each component). Other English Language qualifications will be considered.
Fees and funding
The Government will provide a loan of up to £10,000 per student for postgraduate Masters study. It will be at your own discretion whether the loan is used towards fees, maintenance or other costs.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12-72 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- 01905 855111