Applicants are expected to have a First or Second Class Honours Degree or equivalent award in an appropriate discipline or have appropriate research or professional experience which has resulted in appropriate evidence of achievement.
Months of entry
The MRes in Biology is an advanced postgraduate degree which can either be taken as a stand-alone qualification or as progression route into doctoral research.
- for doctoral level study.
- to engage in a career in biological research in a HE or industrial context.
- to meet the global need for highly trained individuals who can make informed decisions on future research directions.
- to think for themselves in the development
Our MRes in Biology programme offers you:
- Academic rigor: Gain a deeper understanding of your chosen subject area with a challenging combination of taught modules, research training and supervised research.
- Wide variety of research interests: We have a strong mix of academics with a high degree of professional and personal experience enabling you to get the most out of both the taught and research element of your programme.
- Excellent supervision: Benefit from a professional and challenging relationship with your supervisory team, drawn from experienced academics working at the forefront of their disciplines.
- Resources: Access to the University of Worcester’s virtual resources and to the state of the art Hive library facilities. The institute of Science and the Environment has a number of laboratories and other specialist facilities available for the delivery of your course. In addition to the large laboratory in the Darwin building, there are five other laboratories. The National Pollen and Aerobiology Research Unit (NPARU) also has several laboratories where molecular biology, microbiology, immunology, forensic science and product testing have been carried out.
Information for international students
International applicants will also be required to demonstrate that they have the appropriate level of written and spoken English (normally IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum score of 6 in written English).
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Research School