A first or second class Bachelor degree (equivalent qualifications can be considered) Minimum of 2 years’ work experience at an appropriate level
Months of entry
An inspirational one-year full-time course requiring no previous work experience. Optional 6-month internship
The Worcester MBA is an internationally-recognised postgraduate qualification in management, which will challenge you to stretch your natural abilities. This one-year full-time programme focuses on the very latest management techniques and includes an optional 6 month internship, introductory bursary, access to our Future Leaders' Programme and membership/additional qualifications from the prestigious Chartered Management Institute.
You will learn to develop sustainable strategies which can work within a hypercompetitive environment in both the physical place and the virtual space. You will consider how to recruit the very best employees, through techniques such as creating an effective brand as an employer, innovative job design and analysis of key metrics. You will explore international operations management in terms of managing the global supply chain, outsourcing and cross-functional team working. You will hone your financial decision-making skills enabling you to demonstrate your ability to optimise shareholder value, even in complex circumstances such as mergers and hostile takeover.
You will be working with our leading academics and successful business leaders to access a mixture of academic expertise combined with real-world professional application. The combination of these new skills and the application of these within an optional 6 months internship will help you to stand out to future employers as an up-to-date, hands-on professional who can deliver innovation and change in today’s turbulent global marketplace.
Why Study an MBA at Worcester?
• No previous work experience required
• Optional 6 months internship in the UK. (Previous placements have been available at Aston Villa football club, Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd, Enterprise rent-a-car, e-on, Groupon, Hays, IBM, Intel, Land Rover Experience, Lidl, Marks & Spencer, Microsoft, NHS, Price Waterhouse Cooper, The House of Commons, Waitrose and many others).
• Introductory £1,400 bursary (click Bursaries and scholarships below)
• A guaranteed place on our Future Leaders’ Programme, a community to support your managerial development beyond your academic skills.
• Associate membership of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
• Certificate in Strategic Management (CMI qualification) optionally awarded upon successful completion of the first semester which will greatly impact your long term career aspirations. You will also have access to Associate Membership of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), which will greatly impact your long term career aspirations.
• Free entry to our Enterprise Events allowing you to network with successful entrepreneurs and leading business academics for advice and inspiration on the development of your professional stance.
• Specialised intensive modules to establish skills to aid with the completion of your dissertation.
• A multinational programme enabling you to share your experience and listen to other managerial perspectives from across the globe.
• Ranked 1st in Management Studies in the 2014 National Student Survey for staff access and 10th for overall satisfaction, offering a perfect environment for students to study and succeed.
• Work with our leading academics (see ‘Meet our experts’ below)
• Access our network of successful business leaders through our corporate client base (eg Hitachi Capital, G4S Secure Solutions); and through our Annual Business Lectures (recent speakers have included the Vice President Global Retail Network of Shell International Petroleum Company, and serial entrepreneur/former head of Channel 4 TV).
The MBA enables students with no direct prior management experience to consider issues in an organisation wide international context. Skills in analysing business and organisational problems are emphasised, as is the ability to recognise, exploit opportunities and act in a entrepreneurial way to gain Advantage.
Information for international students
IELTS score of 6.5 and above (or equivalent)
Fees and funding
Employer or self funded
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||100|
Course contact details
- Dr Laila Kasem
- 01905 542694