The MBA in Executive Leadership and Management is appropriate for you if you have experience of senior management in either a commercial or public sector environment. You need not necessarily have had previous exposure to studies in business, leadership or management.
Applicants will normally have a first or second-class Honours Degree or equivalent in any subject and at least two years of business/management experience at a senior level.
Months of entry
The open MBA in Executive Leadership & Management is a powerful Postgraduate programme comprising bite-size packages of learning designed to deliver individual and business impact.
Our MBA in Executive Leadership & Management is a transformative programme of study targeted at practicing managers looking to develop their leadership capability.
Designed to minimise disruption to busy working lives the programme is delivered one evening a week over three terms with classes in year one on a Thursday evening, year two on a Wednesday evening, and in year three on a Tuesday evening all running from 18.15 to 21.15. Normally the programme of study can be completed in three years. The programme is facilitated by experienced practitioner focussed academics who have a track record in Executive Education and teaching Masters level students.
Each module aims to develop business leadership, management skills, and understanding. Collectively the programme builds a critical appreciation of the theories, tools, techniques and applications of leading and managing the contemporary organisation.
Aligned with the programme is optional membership of the Chartered Management Institute and dual accreditation with their Certificate in Strategic Management* which is available upon the completion of the programme and provides a valuable validation of your development as a practicing manager.
Successful completion of the MBA in Executive Leadership and Management will:
- enable you to lead more effectively and manage change in your organisation
- identify and use resources efficiently and appropriately in the strategic decision making process
- improve your personal effectiveness
- make a significant contributing to improved organisational performance, and thereby enhancing the quality of management as a profession
- Recent research by the Graduate Management Admission Council (2016) indicates that globally, 71% of respondents placed recruiting MBA graduates as a priority in their company's hiring plans.
*subject to payment of dual accreditation fee
Information for international students
The IELTS score for international applicants is 6.5 (with no less than 5.5 in each component). Other English Language qualifications will be considered.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- 01905 855111