Applicants are normally expected to hold (or expected to gain) the equivalent of a 2.1 Honours degree or above from a university recognised by the University of York. Applications are also welcomed from candidates with a good 2.2 degree (or equivalent) and at least 2 years relevant work experience. This degree should be in a subject with a significant electronics, computing, engineering, mathematics or physics content. We are also willing to consider applications from students with lower qualifications, particularly when the student has high marks in relevant modules and/or appropriate industrial experience. If you are a non-native English speaking applicant you must provide evidence of your English language ability. You need to show enough fluency in all aspects of English (reading, writing, speaking and listening) to the required level of the course you're applying to.
Months of entry
This MSc will enable technically-qualified graduates to become more effective managers through acquisition of management theory, tools and innovation skills applied in real engineering situations.
The MSc provides:
- a sound understanding of critical theory and skills relevant to the technical manager;
- opportunities to apply management strategies to real technology issues;
- an environment in which to develop management skills as a solid foundation for career development;
- experience in exploiting technological opportunities within large firms or as an entrepreneurial activity.
Information for international students
York is a research-intensive university and a proud member of the elite Russell Group of universities. Information about international fees can be found on our website.
Fees and funding
Department and University scholarships may be available, please check our website for details: Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Administrator
- +44 (0) 1904 324485