2.1 honours degree in computer science, computer science/mathematics joint honours, electronic engineering or related subject. We are willing to consider applications from students with lower qualifications, particularly when the student has high marks in relevant modules and/or appropriate industrial experience. If you are a non-native English speaking applicant you must provide evidence of your English language ability. You need to show enough fluency in all aspects of English (reading, writing, speaking and listening) to the required level of the course you're applying to.
Months of entry
The MSc in Intelligent Robotics will provide the opportunity to learn about the growing area of mobile and autonomous robotics, and intelligent systems. You will gain experience in an exciting wide range of topics, providing you hands-on experience. You will learn about the development of embedded control systems for robots, intelligent algorithms and their application to robotics, communications and systems programming, all with a focus on the practical implementation, both in hardware and simulation.
The MSc culminates in a large group project focussed on collective robotic systems, ranging from ground-based units to flying robots. You will have the opportunity to work in a state of the art, dedicated, robotics laboratory for some of your modules and your final project.
The MSc is intended for students who want to learn about robotic and autonomous systems for employment in related industries, or who are seeking a route into a PhD.
The broad aims of the programme are to provide:
- A thorough grounding in the use of scientific and engineering techniques as applied to intelligent robotic systems.
- A detailed knowledge of the development and deployment of intelligent robotic systems.
- A detailed knowledge of the latest developments in intelligent robotics and an ability to reflect critically on those developments.
- A detailed understanding of engineering collective robotic systems with emergent behaviours.
- Experience of undertaking a substantial group project, on a subject related to research in autonomous robotic systems.
Information for international students
York is a research-intensive university and a proud member of the elite Russell Group of universities. Information about international fees can be found on our website.
Fees and funding
Department and University scholarships may be available, please check our website for details: Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Administrator
- +44 (0) 1904 324485