Applicants to MPhil/PhD programme require a relevant Masters degree. Those without should consider first taking one of the Department’s taught MScs, a pass in any of which would satisfy minimum entry requirements. If you are a non-native English speaking applicant you must provide evidence of your English language ability. You need to show enough fluency in all aspects of English (reading, writing, speaking and listening) to the required level of the course you're applying to.
Months of entry
January, October, July, April
The MPhil and PhD programmes in environmental economics and environmental management offer interdisciplinary research across economic and ecological sciences concentrated in the following key areas:
- economics of the environment;
- ecology and environmental management, with emphasis on marine systems, tropical and temperate forest systems, and agro-ecosystems;
- the nature and impacts of environmental pollution;
- sustainable use of terrestrial, marine and freshwater resources;
- economic growth and environmental health outcomes;
- environmental health, migration and socio-economic change.
Information for international students
York is a research-intensive university and a proud member of the elite Russell Group of universities. Information about international fees can be found on our website.
Fees and funding
Department and University scholarships may be available, please check our website for details: Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Administrator
- +44 (0) 1904 324068