You should normally hold or expect to receive at least a 2:1 or equivalent in your first degree.
Months of entry
The MA in Sociolinguistics will enable you to perform original research in the field of sociolinguistics by giving you a practical training in techniques and methodologies used in sociolinguistic analysis. You will also have the opportunity to develop your interest in areas such as the interface between variation and phonological and syntactic theory and empirical methods in the study of contemporary and historical data.
The MA in Sociolinguistics will:
- Impart a general foundation and background in sociolinguistics
- Give you a practical training in techniques used in sociolinguistic analysis
- Enable you to apply your skills and knowledge to linguistic data
- Introduce you to research questions and methodologies in sociolinguistics
- Enable you to perform original research in sociolinguistics.
Information for international students
If your first language is not English and your first degree was not taken in an English speaking country, you will need to show evidence that you meet our English Language requirements. We accept an IELTS score of 7, including 7 in both the written and oral assessment components.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Administrator