We require either:
- an undergraduate (BSc) degree equivalent to a class 2:1 or higher UK degree in a mathematically based discipline
- or an undergraduate (BSc) degree equivalent to a class 2:2 or higher UK degree in a mathematically based discipline and completing the online pre-sessional course "Mathematics for Quantitative Finance" with a final grade of at least 60%.
Months of entry
This distance learning programme builds on the strength and success of the campus-based taught MSc Mathematical Finance at the University of York. The online MSc was launched in September 2009 to run alongside the campus-based programme.
Applications are invited for the intake of students in September or February. Candidates should submit their application at least two weeks before an intake is due to start.
A online Pre-sessional Programme is available for candidates who need to strengthen or consolidate their mathematics background before embarking on the MSc. Such candidates need to apply at least three months before an MSc intake is due to start.
Online students will be developing skills and competence in Mathematical and Quantitative Finance which are of direct relevance in the field of work, and can open up fantastic employment and progression opportunities. Please see the Careers section.
The online programme has built-in flexibility to meet the needs of distance learners from diverse backgrounds:
- City and other professionals, who wish to pursue a postgraduate degree programme without disrupting their career commitments;
- Individuals, companies and professional organisations seeking suitable Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses;
- Recent university graduates who need to support themselves or their families while continuing their studies to postgraduate level;
- Students who find it difficult to attend a campus-based programme because of a variety of reasons such as family care commitments or disability;
- Overseas students who seek a degree in Mathematical Finance from a leading British university but prefer to pursue their studies from their home country.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Graduate Administrator
- +44 1904 323097