A good second class (undergraduate) degree or equivalent qualification. Applicants without undergraduate experience may also be considered if they have sufficient professional background. Professional managerial experience is required in the public service field. This includes roles in government at national and local level, non-governmental and inter-governmental organisations, the voluntary and charitable sector, and private sector roles which support or deliver public services.
Months of entry
The programme addresses four broad themes:
- The delivery, management and improvement of public services.
- The links between service delivery and the policy process, including the means by which policy decisions are made and the influence on this process of service delivery on the ground.
- Strategic capability, including strategic planning, the management of public finances, leadership and organisational learning.
- The wider context of public service delivery: the implications of global governance and information age government.
Information for international students
York is a research-intensive university and a proud member of the elite Russell Group of universities, please see our website for further information.
Fees and funding
Department and University scholarships may be available, please check our website for details: Postgraduate fees and funding.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Administrator
- +44 (0) 1904 321234