Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- Students should normally have at least a 2:1 undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification and the professional experience outlined below.
- If they don't have experience of undergraduate study or only of a lower standard, the application may be considered if they have a suitable professional background, as outlined below.
- Students should have professional experience in the public policy/public service/public administration/international development field. This could be in roles in local or national government, or in non-governmental, intergovernmental or international organisations, the voluntary and charitable sector, and private sector roles which support or deliver public services or which interact with policy making. The extent of experience should be at least on an early career level, with some degree of involvement in organisational decision making or with a clear career path towards such responsibilities.
- If you earned your undergraduate degree outside of the UK, you should check that it is equivalent to a 2:1. Our country specific pages can help you to find out.
Months of entry
January, March, May, July, September, November
Develop the skills to make a real difference to public service provision and shape the future of public administration.
Public service managers face increasingly fast-changing environments, combined with pressures to deliver more with less, navigate a complex policy context and enhance performance while sustaining public service values. Designed for professionals in public and non-profit organisations, the 100% online Master of Public Administration programme from the University of York equips you to rise to these challenges and make a positive impact on improving public service provision and public life.
You will learn how to analyse complex public management problems and lead change effectively while you develop your ability to manage through networks and partnerships. Upon graduation, you will be well placed to shape and deliver the public services of the future, and move into more strategic roles in a wide range of public, non-profit and third sector organisations.
Six starts per year.
Information for international students
If English isn’t your first language you may need to provide evidence of your ability, such as:
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Administrator
- +44 (0) 1904 211 030