- Students should normally have at least a 2:1 undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification and the professional experience outlined below.
- If they don't have experience of undergraduate study or only of a lower standard, the application may be considered if they have a suitable professional background, as outlined below.
- Students should have professional experience in the public policy/public service/public administration/international development field. This could be in roles in local or national government, or in non-governmental, intergovernmental or international organisations, the voluntary and charitable sector, and private sector roles which support or deliver public services or which interact with policy making. The extent of experience should be at least on an early career level, with some degree of involvement in organisational decision making or with a clear career path towards such responsibilities.
- If you earned your undergraduate degree outside of the UK, you should check that it is equivalent to a 2:1. Our country specific pages can help you to find out.
Months of entry
January, March, May, July, September, November
Influence policy and shape the future
Develop the skills of a public policy and management leader and help define the future of public service provision
The 100% online MPA Public Policy and Management from the University of York is designed for professionals in the public sector and not-for-profit organisations. It is also well suited to individuals in for-profit organisations involved in public policy or the delivery of public services. This Masters programme provides you with the knowledge and skills to analyse and influence how policies are made and implemented in an age of increasing complexity.
Six starts per year.
Information for international students
If English isn’t your first language you may need to provide evidence of your ability, such as:
IELTS: 6.5, with no less than 6.0 in each component.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Student Support Administrator - Admissions
- +44 (0) 1904 321234