Applicants should have a good first degree (2:1 or equivalent) in any subject. Please note that preference may be given to students with some prior study of marketing and/or business management. However students with a 2:2 degree can compensate for their degree classification if they have had two or more years work experience in a relevant role. If you are a non-native English speaking applicant you must provide evidence of your English language ability. You need to show enough fluency in all aspects of English (reading, writing, speaking and listening) to the required level of the course you're applying to.
Months of entry
The MRes programme provides students with foundation training in basic and advanced research skills sufficient to enter a Doctoral programme.
- the conceptual, methodological, practical, and ethical skills necessary for careers in management studies research;
- an advanced knowledge of contemporary debates in management research philosophy and methodology;
- skills to apply concepts and techniques, as well as developing a critical awareness of the limits of such techniques, via taught modules and debates;
- an awareness of the interactions between the candidates own research specialism and the broader field of management studies.
The programme is also suitable for candidates who may wish to obtain a research degree, but do not wish to commit themselves to a longer period of study
Information for international students
York is a research-intensive university and a proud member of the elite Russell Group of universities. Information about international fees can be found on our website.
Fees and funding
Department and University scholarships may be available, please check our website for details: Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Administrator
- +44 (0) 1904 325052