Months of entry
Become a multidisciplinary neuroscientist or cognition researcher
Are you interested in doing research engaged with understanding normal and pathological brain function? Do you want to become a specialist in the field of neurosciences? Our interdisciplinary Master’s programme Neuroscience and Cognition offers you the opportunity to investigate numerous areas of brain functioning that make the neuroscience and cognition field uniquely intriguing and challenging.
The right choice for you?
This Research Master in Utrecht trains you to become a neuro, and/or cognition scientist, fully equipped to face the challenges of modern research in the interdisciplinary field of neuroscience and cognition. With ample knowledge of the scope of brain and cognitive functioning, you will be prepared to join an international research team investigating the most complex organ of our body. Does this appeal to you? Then it’s the right choice for you.
What you'll learn
During this two-year Research Master’s programme, you will explore the fundamental principles and techniques of neuroscience and cognition. As a Master’s student of Neuroscience and Cognition, you may choose from one of two programme tracks: Experimental and Clinical Neuroscience and Cognitive Neuroscience. During the courses, you are grouped in multidisciplinary teams, together with students from various bachelor backgrounds such as biomedical sciences, neuro- and cognitive psychology, linguistics, or artificial intelligence.
This provides you with ideal preparation for future research positions in public and private research institutes. After the 10-week introductory course Fundamentals of Neuroscience and Cognition, you will determine an individualised study path, consisting of high quality internships, electives and a writing assignment with the assistance of the track coordinator.
- Unique combination of neurology, neurosurgery, psychiatry, rehabilitation and basic neuroscience
- Excellent infrastructural environment with the latest developments in human and rodent functional neuroimaging, deep-sequencing of human genetic material and state-of-the-art techniques in basic neuroscience.
- Over 200 principal investigators participate and offer research projects and supervision.
- Two extensive research projects provide the possibility to learn and train several techniques and topics, and offers the best route to become a successful PhD student.
Career in neuroscience and cognition
Information for international students
Visit our website for information.
Fees and funding
Visit our website for information on Tuition Fees and Financial Suuport
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Master Administration Office