Our programme is intended for students who have a clear and specific interest in Regenerative Medicine and Technology and ambition in research. For example, bachelor level backgrounds in biomedical sciences, biology, biomedical engineering, biophysics, biotechnology, and biomechanical engineering can be suitable depending on your individual student’s profile.
Read more on admission and application
Months of entry
Engineering the functional restoration of tissues and organs
Regenerative Medicine and Technology (RMT) combines fundamental disciplines such as stem cell biology, materials science and biomechanics with more applied disciplines such as cell therapy, implantology and imaging. New collaborations amongst these disciplines can assist in innovation in fundamental life sciences but also in new patient therapies and clinical applications with the ultimate goal to restore lost tissue or organ function.
The right choice for you?
- This master’s programme aims to train multidisciplinary scientists and to stimulate innovative research at the interface between biomedical sciences, engineering and clinical application. The rapidly emerging multidisciplinary field of regenerative medicine has significant effects on current and future health care applications. Our strong focus on technology will equip you with an understanding of processes ranging from specific cell culturing techniques and the use of biomaterials to computer models and imaging modalities.
- Utrecht University offers the Master’s programme in cooperation with the University Medical Center Utrecht and the Faculty of Biomedical Engineering at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e). The programme combines the expertise of both universities and provides access to their state-of-the-art laboratories and research groups.
Why study Regenerative Medicine and Technology at Utrecht University?
- A unique combination of the TU/e technological with the UMC Utrecht clinical and UU biomedical approach
- Excellent international reputation in the RM field and partners in innovative research projects with partners worldwide allowing students to do their internship at prestigious partner institutions all around the world .
- New Utrecht Regenerative Medicine Center realized in 2015 at the Uithof campus gives students the opportunity to familiarize themselves with innovative science and to collaborate with the scientists associated with it
- As a student you will have the opportunity to carry out two hands-on research projects at renowned research groups.
Read more on why in Utrecht
- As a Master’s student of Regenerative Medicine and Technology you will take theoretical courses and seminars as well as master classes led by renowned specialists in the field in both Eindhoven and Utrecht. The courses are interactive, and challenge students to further improve their communication, writing and presenting skills. During your six to nine month internships you work in a lively research environment in academia or in consultancy companies and industry.
Read more on the study programme
Career in Regenerative Medicine and Technology
- Regenerative Medicine and Technology will address the shortage of donor organs/tissue by providing the opportunity to produce tissue substitutes. As a graduates you can pursue a career in academic (PhD) or in industrial and commercial directions, including R&D, sales and consultancy.
Read more on Career prospects
Information for international students
Find out more from our website.
Fees and funding
Visit our website for more information about Tuition Fees and Financial Support.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Debby Gawlitta PhD