To be accepted onto this programme you must:
- Hold current registration with a professional, statutory regulatory body relating to your area of advanced practice
- Hold a degree, of 2:2 classification or above, in a discipline related to your professional qualification or hold a non-graduate qualification which the University has deemed to be of a satisfactory standard for the purpose of postgraduate admission. Candidates without a full honours degree at 2:2 or above will be asked to complete a 1500 word essay.
- Have a minimum of three years full-time (or equivalent pro rata) post-registration clinical experience and be employed in a clinical role with a high level of autonomy or have employer support to secure a placement with protected time equivalent to the above for a minimum of two days per week
- For the Clinical Assessment and Prescribing modules you must have a Designated Supervisory Medical Practitioner (DSMP)/ Medical Supervisor and clinical mentorship support from your employing organisation
- Following completion of an application form you will be invited to attend an interview with the admissions team.
Months of entry
If you’re an experienced registered healthcare practitioner looking to further your career in an advanced clinical role, this course gives you a unique opportunity to develop your skills.
- The course prepares practitioners for advanced clinical roles in a range of areas of healthcare practice by enabling them to develop skills in clinical assessment, diagnosis and treatment, clinical judgment and decision-making and research
- You have the option to undertake Independent/ Supplementary Prescribing for Nurses and Pharmacists (V300) or Supplementary Prescribing for Allied Health Professionals, successful completion of which will allow you to record that qualification with your regulatory body
- If you already hold a prescribing qualification you may be able to gain credit for your prior learning
- If your career development does not require you to complete a full Masters programme, you may exit with the clinically focused Postgraduate Certificate or the broader clinical leadership focus of the Postgraduate Diploma
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Student Enquiries
- 01978 293439
- 01978 290008