Minimum entry is a 2:2 class undergraduate degree.
Applicants, who do not meet the University of a 2.2 undergraduate degree will be assessed on an individual basis by interview. Relevant work experience will be taken into account when assessing applicants without an undergraduate degree.
For all successful applicants, emphasis will be placed on the need to work intensively and consistently throughout the course with a commitment to high attendance and the meeting of all deadlines.
Months of entry
MBA (Asset Management)
An MBA qualification continues to be the flagship qualification for post-graduate business students seeking to increase subject knowledge, build a portfolio of management skills and enhance future career prospects in a competitive and increasingly global arena.
The MBA suite consists of three routes (see above) all of which encompass three core topics, which provide the foundation for a successful business, namely strategy, finance and leadership.
In addition there are optional routes which provide opportunities to select from and include transnational business practice to reflect global growth and development and environmental concerns which has increasing prominence in corporate reporting and business procedures.
Other options include the relatively new subject of Asset Management which covers asset life cycle management and is a key function in planning and maintenance of a flourishing business. Risk is a vital concern when evaluating and making business decisions and is a further option. Finally the creative change and innovation option utilises a broad range of approaches which are used for business continuity, growth and relevance to the market place.
Key course features
- Focus on career development skills and knowledge in a supportive environment.
- MBA modules are aligned to the Institute of Directors Competency Framework which encompasses a range of skills, knowledge and mind-sets.
- The Asset Management module is aligned to the Institute of Asset Management qualification framework.
- Access to a network of aspiring business managers drawn from various sectors and organizations.
- Opportunity to attend Wrexham Glyndŵr University on campus business related events.
- The research element of the programme enables students to identify, investigate, analyse and propose sound solutions in relation to a business problem.
- Teaching is interactive and, where possible, based on contemporary business issues throughout the programme.
What you will study
The programme is delivered through a series of six taught subject specific modules over two trimesters. Students also study research methods and submit a research proposal at the end of trimester two. During the third semester students complete a dissertation which involves a research element and attendance for a series of supervision meetings.
The programme delivery is timetabled over two days per week which provides flexibility for students who are working, however it is classed as a full-time programme.
The programme is delivered over a one year period. Students will typically be expected to attend a three-hour block per week devoted to each module. This will consist of a lecture and a tutorial to enable skills development and application. Each module has two assessments which students will required to complete in order to progress on the programme.
Core & optional modules
- Implementing Strategies (Core)
- Integrated Communications (Core)
- Contemporary Leadership Themes (Core)
- Financial Insights, Business Intelligence (Core)
- Creative Change and Innovation (Core)
- Emphasising the Environment (Optional)
- Evaluating Risk and Decisions (Optional)
- Research Methods and Dissertation (Core)
The information listed in this section is an overview of the academic content of the programme that will take the form of either core or option modules. Modules are designated as core or option in accordance with professional body requirements and internal academic framework review, so may be subject to change.
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
Student membership of Chartered Management Institute (CMI) is included in the fee.
Course contact details
- Student Enquiries
- 01978 293439