The standard entry requirement for the MSc programme is an honours degree of at least 2:2 classification in a Computer Science related subject area, or equivalent in any science-based degree with a strong computing and/or engineering element. In some cases applicants with substantial commercial or industrial experience can be accepted, subject to interview and references.
Months of entry
MSc Computer Networking
This is a practical industry-focussed course which will enable you to plan and develop complex network infrastructures.
Network technology is used throughout the private and public sector enabling the sharing of information, applications and processes. This area continues to grow and the demand for specialists in this field has never been higher.
This course focuses on practical networking rather than abstract concepts in data communications. Although the necessary background is introduced as appropriate,
the course on the whole deals with problem solving and the provisioning of real network services, using current and emergent network hardware and protocols along with the development of applications to exploit these technologies.
In addition to developing an understanding of underlying principles, students are engaged in the practical application of network design, implementation, trouble-shooting and management for real-world problems. For dissertations, students will be expected to investigate cutting-edge technologies, implement and test novel networking solutions, or develop or analyse original network applications.
· Opportunity to study a wide variety of topics in-depth
· Lecture/tutorial and practical sessions are enhanced with additional, resource-rich online materials allowing you to continue independent learning through a variety of approaches
· Taught by staff leading research into the areas of the internet and computer
· Research activities are associated with the University’s digital society research centre, CARDS
· Learning progresses from design and building small networks to the techniques required for large public networks
· Options for external Cisco Certification of qualifications
Information for international students
English language, study skills and other infrastructural support are provided. For more information contact us: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 0044 1978 293439 (from overseas) or 01978 293439 (within UK)
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Student Enquiries
- 01978 293439
- 01978 290008