Applicants would be expected to hold a first degree and have a minimum of two years’ work experience which includes supervisory or managerial responsibilities. Where an applicant does not have this profile, but have considerable managerial experience, they would be invited to attend an interview with members of the programme team.
Months of entry
An Executive MBA is designed to meet the needs of the ambitious practicing manager who may have been selected for career progression and in order to meet organizational criteria, is required to undertake a post-graduate business/management programme. Alternatively an individual may be aware that in order to develop or change career paths a post-graduate programme should be studied to enhance a personal CV and indicate a willingness to undertake personal professional development.
Subjects that are studied include what are widely recognised as corner stones to an MBA programme, namely strategic implementation, leadership and financial insights. To provide a rounded business education additional modules provide students with an insight into creativity and change, governance and the environment, elements of marketing.
Throughout the programme the delivery approach is one of theory into practice, drawing on contemporary business problems and incorporating those being experienced by the students. An interactive approach is adopted where all students have an opportunity to contribute, reflect and internalise their learning.
The research element encourages individual, in-depth study of a particular problem, related to a business issue that is of operational or strategic importance to the student’s organization. Feedback from employers is that this aspect of the programme is of particular value in contributing to return on investment and subsequently enhancing organizational performance.
Key course features
- Students are taught by a mix of experienced practitioners and academics, which give the programme a unique make-up.
- Join a professional, motivated group of managers who are ambitious and work in a variety of sectors and provide a lively, dynamic, diverse and stimulating environment in which to study.
- Learn from supportive, professional tutors who have theoretical knowledge and business experience to create a vibrant environment focusing on executive learning.
- Identify an area which is of particular interest to study in-depth and produce a detailed and structured dissertation which acts as a tangible personal reference as it provides evidence of what you are capable of achieving in terms of independent study and the identification of solutions to business/management problems.
- Students have the opportunity to practice corporate board room skills and behaviours as they are set business problems requiring research and evaluation prior to undertaking debate, discussion and, potentially, conflict resolution
What will you study
The programme commences with an induction day to ensure students are familiar with post-graduate expectations, academic writing skills and access to programme resources. Each taught module on the programme has a value of 15 level-7 credits. They are stand alone and therefore not progressive in nature. Total study time is 150 hours per module of which 25 hours are direct contact and the remainder are directed and self-directed study to complete the modular assignment.
- Ideas and Innovation
- Customer Continuity and Growth
- Crunching the Numbers
- Leading for Organisational Performance
- Strategising Practices
- Legal Obligations
- Going Global
- Intergrating Lean
- Influential Negotiating
- Decisive Outcomes
- Cultural Prioritising
- Top Class Teams
- Systematic Research Project (dissertation module)
The information listed in this section is an overview of the academic content of the programme that will take the form of either core or option modules. Modules are designated as core or option in accordance with professional body requirements and internal academic framework review, so may be subject to change.
Fees and funding
A three day module every 6 weeks; your eMBA will be completed over two years at a total cost of £11,000 (£5,500 per anum)
We can offer three flexible payment plans:
- Pay the full MBA programme fee up front
- Pay the fee in two annual instalments.
- Pay quarterly - eight equal instalments.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Student Enquiries
- 01978 293439