Months of entry
A new generation of informed managers, engineers and technicians is required. They’re needed to win the race to develop efficient and sustainable energy programmes and technologies for the future. Our courses will give you the opportunity to spend a semester working in industry and gain valuable experience.
Climate change, global warming and pollution control are three of the biggest challenges facing the world. Indeed for the greener society and industry of the future, new engineering solutions will need to emerge to help satisfy the world’s energy needs and to tackle the many issues surrounding sustainability.Glyndŵr University’s degrees in renewable energy and sustainable technologies equip graduates with the skills and experience needed to face these challenges and to prepare for careers working with or developing new and innovative technologies.
Developed by research-active staff with strong professional and academic experience, the courses have a focus on providing students with everything they need to find a job they want. This is reflected in outstanding employability figures – 100% of students on the undergraduate degree were in work, training or further study six months from graduation. In the UK, this is a highly unique course due to the combination of study it offers. The course covers elements of both electrical and mechanical engineering, built environment and science.
- Excellent facilities that include well-equipped computer-aided design laboratories, modern electronics laboratories, specialist manufacturing systems, simulation software, industry-standard instrumentation laboratories, industry specifi cation Rapid Prototyping facility (fused deposition method)
- Subsonic wind tunnel laboratory and well-equipped thermofl uid dynamics lab including a fully operational pelton wheel and francis turbine
- Small class sizes allow for strong tutorial and laboratory experiment support and advice
- Dedicated maths support centre for students
- There are opportunities for industrial visits to local companies
- You will have access to industry standard software packages such as: Altium Designer, Multisim, HP VEE, MATLAB & Simulink, Abaqus, AutoCAD, Fluent, Pro Engineer, SolidWorks
- You will be eligible to join the Energy Institute (EI) and/or the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and/or the Institution of Mechanical Engineer (IMechE) and/or the Association of Building Engineers (ABE) as a student member, on payment of a fee
- Prospective members are invited to interview, and membership fees are determined by grade, seniority and responsibilities
- Our St Asaph campus is a leading centre for the research and development of cutting edge opto-electronics technology. Our advanced facilities bring together academics conducting research into highly specialised areas of technology and businesses looking to develop that technology for commercial purposes
- On completion of this course you will qualify for the European Federation of National Engineering Associations (FEANI) register
Information for international students
Contact: 0044 1978 293439 (outside the UK) or 01978 293439 (within the UK). E-mail : email@example.com Website: www.glyndwr.ac.uk 'International students' on the homepage.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Student Enquiries
- 01978 293439