The programme admission tutors welcome applications from anyone who can demonstrate a commitment to the subject and the potential to complete their chosen programme successfully. This can be established by showing appropriate academic achievements, or by demonstrating that they possess the knowledge and ability equivalent to the academic qualifications, usually gained through recent practice within the profession.
Months of entry
The Postgraduate Diploma Advanced Professional Practice provides students with structure and support in their exciting first year of Art & Design professional practice. This includes developing their entrepreneurial skills, responding to market feedback in the advancement of their products and/or services, and application to selected shows, trade fairs, retailers and/or employers as they navigate their first year of business.
Key course features
- You will be taught by a dedicated team of research-active practitioners who exhibit their own work both nationally and internationally.
- Work on live projects, exhibitions, competitions, and commissions for public and private clients; this will give you confidence for your future career. For example, when approaching galleries and retail outlets with your work.
- Focus is placed on developing your business skills in areas such as pricing, publicity and marketing. We are consistently praised by external examiners for how well prepared our students are for professional life.
- Excellent gallery and commercial links, with the focus on craft skills to enable you to become exceptional makers.
- Field and research trips to art galleries and important collections, exhibitions, festivals and design seminars nationally and internationally.
- Artists in residence opportunities are available for both our graduates and established professionals. This is a real benefit both in supporting makers and giving valuable experience to our current students.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Student Enquiries