The entry requirements for the MA HRM are drawn up in accordance with the Wrexham Glyndŵr University regulations, as indicated below. Additionally, applicants should not have less than two years work experience unless exceptional circumstances prevail.
Both the Distance Learning and Blended Learning modes of the programme have been designed to be very flexible – meaning that students can generally fit their work around their study. The Postgraduate Certificate and Diploma are a mix of both academic and vocational study and assessments are focused on individual research and work experience. It is therefore considered advantageous for a student to be in employment throughout their study, although students may apply their learning to an organization with which they are familiar.
A student must also satisfy one, or a combination of, the following criteria:
- An initial degree of Glyndŵr University, or another University approved degree awarding body.
- A non-graduate qualification which the University deemed to be of satisfactory standard for the purpose of postgraduate admission
- Relevant work experience that is deemed to compensate the lack of formal qualifications and have held a position of management responsibility for a minimum of two years.
A student who has already achieved the current or previous CIPD Advanced Diploma may be given permission to proceed directly onto Year 3. Students with other qualifications may also be considered for full or part exemption from the programme in line with Glyndŵr University’s RPL criteria.
Months of entry
This course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD); Europe’s largest HR and development professional body.
This course is designed for professional specialists who have chosen to dedicate their careers in a human resources/personnel function. The course includes the qualifications associated with the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), Europe’s largest professional Institute for those involved in the management and development of people.
The course is suitable for experienced middle or senior level managers or HR professionals. Consequently they are likely to have relevant work experience as well as hold appropriate formal educational qualifications suitable for a masters programme. The programme of study is intended to develop or enhance professional competence in individuals who are already experienced and who wish to build on that experience through a structured programme.
- Glyndŵr University and its business team have a longstanding relationship with the CIPD
- Our tutors have considerable industrial and professional experience
- You will receive high standards of tuition and support in a friendly and welcoming environment
Information for international students
A full programme of support is available.
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written/ formal examinations||20|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||47|
|Dissertation||33 (20000 words)|
Course contact details
- Student Enquiries
- 01978 293439