An undergraduate degree in chemistry or a related discipline. UK: • Upper Second Class Honours China: • 1st tier universities: 75% or above • 2nd tier universities: 80% or above North America: • 3.0 cumulative GPA (out of 4) or • 3.2 cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme Other regions: • Equivalent academic qualifications IELTS: 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in all sections. TOEFL iBT: 94 (min 21 listening, 22 reading, 23 speaking, 21 writing)
Months of entry
The MRes Advanced Chemical Sciences programme provides thorough education and training to understand different aspects of the current material chemistry. The programme aligns with similar MSc programmes at the University of Liverpool and is delivered entirely in English.
The programme contains taught modules covering areas from synthetic chemistry to nanotechnonoly, analytical methods and instrumentations. It also places strong emphasis on development of project management and personal skills. . After completion of the taught modules, students engage in a 12-month extensive research project of their choice, which leads to submission of a dissertation.
A customised learning plan is designed for each student, taking into account the individual’s background and career aspirations. Successful completion of the programme leads to the award of an MRes degree from the University of Liverpool, UK.
· Taught by international faculty who are experts in various fields of chemistry
· Provides a range of critical interdisciplinary research skills
· Strong theoretical background, practical instrumentation skills and intensive research project
· Excellent preparation for PhD programmes abroad and in Chinese universities
· Provides career enhancing key personal and employability skills, e.g. time management, report writing, team-building/networking and project management
· The department has strong link to local and international industries
· University is located in attractive location with many biotechnology companies nearby in BioBay Suzhou; also close to prestigious Cold Spring Harbor Asia Center
Successful graduates can establish careers in a wide range of industries, including:
· chemical industries
· pharmaceutical companies
· food & drinks industry (QA and new formulation)
· analytical services
· Synthetic Chemistry
· Natural Products
· Peptide/Protein Chemistry
· Analytical Methods and Instrumentations
Fees and funding
XJTLU offers a generous scholarship of 50% of the total tuition fee for all full-time masters programmes. All applicants for September 2015 will be considered for this scholarship, based on academic merit, and no separate application is required.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- PG Enquiries