Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
For entry onto this Postgraduate course you must possess one of the following:
- An Undergraduate degree in a related field such as computer science or software engineering.
- Professional experience that demonstrates a propensity for studying software engineering at Master's level. For example, you may work in a system administrator role and have several professional qualifications.
- Clear and demonstrable technical abilities in the field of computing which would have equivalency to that of an individual who has completed a degree in a related field.
- Where appropriate candidates will be interviewed to ensure that they are suitable for the programme
Months of entry
This course offers you the opportunity to gain the technical skills and conceptual understanding which are in high-demand in today's employment market and will place you at the cutting edge of the software engineering field.
Developed in consultation with employers, this programme of study is structured to suit the lifestyle of students who are in employment. Each module is delivered through preparatory, foundational study materials followed by a week of intensive teaching at York St John University. Following the week of teaching students are given six to eight weeks to complete a set piece of course work which will demonstrate their technical and conceptual skills through a substantive piece of research and development work.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team