Also known as an IT CV, a technical CV is most commonly used for applications developer, IT consultant, software tester and web developer roles. Use our template to create a CV that fits the job you're applying for
Zara Fahar 263 London Road, Highbridge, Nowhereshire, XP9 8JQ firstname.lastname@example.org 07567567567
Due to graduate in 2021, I have acquired technical knowledge and skills from my course as well as practical and business skills from my industrial year in a software company in Germany. I have used a range of languages, operating systems and development tools as well as experiencing the system development life cycle. Specialising in mobile technology, I am keen to develop as a graduate trainee in software development.
University of Bedfordshire (2017-2021)
BSc Computer Science and Software Engineering with industrial year. Predicted 2:1.
Modules include object oriented programming, mobile applications, AI and systems development. Third-year industry placement: Mehrmann Technologies, Essen, Germany (2020).
Placement year individual project: Stock control systems for wholesale food suppliers.
Final-year group project: Development of a mobile application for the hospitality sector.
Highbridge College (2015-2017)
BTEC Level 3 ICT
Highbridge School (2010-2015)
7 GCSEs in English language, maths, science, German, IT, PE, history.
- Development tools: LabVIEW, MATLAB, Simulink, WINDEV/WEBDEV, OrCAD, MPLAB and ModelSim Packages: MS Office, Dreamweave and Photoshop
- Programming Languages: Java, C++, SQL, TLearn and HTML
- Operating Systems: Android, iOS, Windows and Linux
- BCS Foundation Certificate in Systems Development
- Conversational German, including technical and business
Junior software developer, Mehrmann Technologies, Essen, Germany (2020)
- Systems analysis with clients to determine requirements - talking to managers and staff and observing work practices throughout the supply chain
- Analysis of data including modelling
- Part of a software development team creating a stock control system linking mobile devices to warehouse systems
- Demonstrating prototypes to staff
- Field testing, implementation and evaluation
- Participating in final project reporting
- Contributing to English language documentation and training
Bar assistant, Ship and Crown, Luton (2018-2019)
- Serving customers
- Keeping bar area tidy and well-stocked
- Maintaining health and safety and food hygiene standards
Retail assistant, Primark, Highbridge (2015-2017)
- Tidying stock on the shop floor
- Restocking shelves and rails
- Serving customers at till points
- Dealing with customer queries on the shop floor
Sports and interests
- University of Bedfordshire Second XI Hockey Captain
- University of Bedfordshire Athletics Squad 800m and 1500m
- Highbridge College Hockey Team (winners of Midlands College Cup)
- Highbridge School Hockey First XI Captain
- Represented Nowhereshire in 1500m U16 and U18
- Running 10k and half marathon events raising over £6,500 for Highbridge Children's Hospice
- Organising and hosting charity comedy nights in aid of Highbridge Children's Hospice
References available on request
Please be aware that this is an example. Use it as a template to help generate ideas and structure your own CV but avoid copying and pasting. Your own CV needs to be original and tailored to the job you're applying for.
Start with a brief personal statement, mentioning anything that may make you stand out from other candidates such as studying or working abroad. This sort of experience will catch a recruiter's eye and encourage them to read the rest of your CV.
Outline your educational achievements, listing any relevant modules or subjects before moving on to highlight specific IT skills. Tell the employer about the systems, packages and languages that you are familiar with - it doesn't matter where this knowledge and experience came from, be it a course, placement or job, if its relevant make sure you mention it.
Give an insight into your employment history then include something about your interests if you have space. If you are struggling for space, leave this information out. Your technical knowledge, skills, experience and employment are more important.