Still recruiting throughout COVID‑19
About Bank of Ireland
Whether you’re coming from a Business, IT or Arts background, we have a programme for you. In fact, we’re dedicated to bringing in a diverse range of people from various academic, societal and geographical backgrounds to help us grow.
A traditional, relationship-driven retail and commercial bank with a conservative business philosophy, we have a clear and compelling strategy to:
Key strategic objectives
- Transform the Bank – improving our culture, systems and business model
- Serve customers brilliantly – by being the #1 for service
- Grow sustainable profits – through growing our revenue and optimising our cost base
Our Graduate Programme
We provide a best in class experience for our Graduates. We are dedicated to bringing in a diverse range of people from various academic, societal and geographical backgrounds that will inspire and help us grow as a bank.
Our Graduate Programme offers:
- Career progression – we support you to progress your career through extensive training - delivered through tailored development programmes and experiential pathways that enable colleagues to thrive
- Flexible ways of working – hybrid working model offering all colleagues greater flexibility in how and where you work
- Support from day one – well-being is at the core of everything we do; we provide a range of initiatives to promote your personal development, not just your professional development
- Digital development – a bespoke two year Digital Development Plan aligned to uplifting your digital skills and capabilities to ensure you are equipped for the Future of Work
- Inclusive and social culture – ensuring belonging and engagement by creating human and personal engagements
- Rotational experience - most of our Programme streams allow you to work on a rotation system across different areas within that part of the business
Our values, our culture
Enabling our customers, colleagues and communities to thrive
Four key values
- Customer focused: we understand our customers well. We listen to them to ensure they feel valued. We use our insights to consider how best to serve their needs. We take appropriate actions to deliver solutions to meet customers’ changing requirements.
- One Group, one team: we know we work smarter when we come together behind our common purpose. We learn from each other and share ideas to expand our thinking. We build an open, trusting and supportive environment and foster diversity of thought, ideas and experiences to spark creativity.
- Accountable: we are empowered to take ownership and trusted to do the right thing to support our customers, colleagues and communities. We lead by example and challenge ourselves and each other to do our best work at all times. We learn from our mistakes and celebrate our successes together.
We embrace change with an open mind and a can-do attitude. We respond quickly and proactively seek different perspectives. We challenge ourselves to look for new and simplified ways to efficiently deliver the best solutions for our customers.
What we are looking for
No technical experience is required whatsoever! We accept applications from all disciplines, for all of our programme streams. We offer opportunities to students who have achieved, or expect to achieve an undergraduate or Master’s degree from all subject areas
You can read more about our Graduate Programme options under the following categories:
- Accounting & Finance
- Digital Technology & Data
- New Ireland Actuarial
- Business & Commercial - UK
- Business & Commercial - ROI
You can make an application today
You can review our FAQs to find out more information
accountancy, banking and finance
Belfast, Bristol, France, Germany, Ireland, London, Spain, USA
- 0871 763 460
- 40 Mespil Road