Still recruiting throughout COVID‑19
About Chatteris Educational Foundation
Have you ever dreamed of working abroad? The Chatteris International Graduate Programme is an amazing opportunity to develop both professionally and personally by teaching English in Hong Kong. Experience a new exciting way of life, while developing transferable skills and cultivating an international mindset.
Chatteris Educational Foundation is a non-profit, charitable organisation that has been working in partnership with local schools in Hong Kong since 1990. Every year we support over 60 university graduates to experience nine months of personal and professional development whilst teaching and inspiring young people and community members from less privileged backgrounds.
Be the difference that inspires a young mind. Apply for the Chatteris International Graduate Programme and become an English tutor.
As a Chatteris English tutor, you will be placed in a local Hong Kong school full time to work alongside the local English teaching staff. Your role will be to plan and deliver lessons as well as interactive workshops, tutorials and events outside of the classroom.
Joining our programme means that you will have a paid opportunity to directly contribute to the life and learning experience of Hong Kong students while developing professional skills, experiencing a new culture and connecting to a network of individuals who will become your lifelong friends.
What can you expect from us?
- Training and feedback sessions throughout the programme (no experience or teaching certificate required)
- Sponsored work visa (we apply on your behalf)
- Group arrival and airport pick-up
- Orientation and settling in support
- Accommodation during orientation
- Financial and logistical help to find accommodation
- Opportunities to work on a number of community projects outside of school
- Career mentorship, professional development workshops and networking events
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Pre-departure support
- An active social community
- Cantonese lessons and cultural workshops
- Welfare and emergency support
- Mental Health and wellbeing support
What do we expect from you?
- A university degree (any discipline)
- High English proficiency
- An interest in working with children or teenagers
- A proactive and creative nature
- Cultural sensitivity and openness
- An enthusiastic nature and willingness to learn and develop
- Position for 2021-2022 Year
- Contract: Full-time, nine months (option to extend)
- Start date: Orientation begins on August 9, 2021
- End date: 31 May 2022
- Salary: 16000 HKD per month (approx. 1485 GBP/ 2060 USD)
- Holidays: Christmas, Lunar New Year and Easter (roughly 30 days per nine months depending on school placement)
- Deadline to apply: July 31, 2021
teaching and education