What does it mean to be an accountant?
Is it helping businesses make crucial decisions? A step into an industry where your passion lies? Building sustainable change from the inside out? It’s everything.
When someone becomes chartered with ICAEW, they’ll be part of a global network of over 156,000 business professionals who are working to drive leadership standards, provide expertise, and build a world of strong economies in an infinite amount of industries.
At ICAEW, we’ll get them there.
What do we do?
We’re one of the world’s leading providers of training and professional development for accountants. Through us, aspiring leaders and business professionals can take a qualification called the ACA and become ICAEW Chartered Accountants. It’s our job to support trainees no matter what and make sure that their potential becomes boundless.
To find out more about what we do visit ICAEW Careers.
We offer the ACA qualification, which is one of the most advanced learning and professional development programmes available. It’s been designed to provide trainees with an in-depth understanding across accountancy, finance and business to get them to exactly where they want to be.
The ACA is designed to open up a world of opportunity across a huge range of workplaces. From the most renowned professional service firms, to entrepreneurial start-ups, charities and government bodies, there’s no end to where it can take aspiring chartered accountants, and we’re committed to getting them there.
Five reasons they should choose us
- Community – they’ll be supported by over 161,000 members working in 147 countries*
- Leadership Potential – the ACA prepares them for leadership right up to board level. That’s why 64 of the FTSE 100 companies have an ICAEW Chartered Accountant on their board.*
- Support – ACA students have high first-time pass rates of 87%, driven by quality learning, teaching and support.**
- Progression – 89% of all ACA students qualify in four years or less, meaning fewer resits, and faster career progression.***
- Opportunity – take their career into any industry around the world – 96 of the world’s 100 leading brands employ ICAEW Chartered Accountants.****
The simple steps to becoming chartered.
There are several steps to becoming a qualified ICAEW Chartered Accountant as a university graduate:
- Finish university with a degree in any subject.
- Enter into an ACA training agreement with an authorised training employer, by applying to a vacancy on ICAEW Training Vacancies.
- Complete a combination of study, exams, practical work experience and ethics.
- Once they’ve completed the ACA training, they can apply to become a member of ICAEW.
- Once they’re accepted, they will be a fully qualified ICAEW Chartered Accountant and can use the letters ACA after their name.
To find out more about careers in chartered accountancy, visit ICAEW Careers. We’ll get them there.
*ICAEW member data and FTSE 350 data for December 2022.
**ICAEW Case Study exam statistics 2022.
***Financial Reporting Council: Key Facts and Trends in Accountancy Profession 2020. ****Includes parent companies. Source: ICAEW member data for December 2019, Interbrand Best Global Brands 2018.
business, consulting and management, accountancy, banking and finance
UK wide, Worldwide