When you become chartered with ICAEW, you’ll be more than an accountant. You’ll be a leader, a creator, an innovator. You’ll be striving to push yourself and face new challenges every day.
You’ll be part of a global network of over 147,000 business professionals, who are working to drive leadership standards, to provide expertise, and to build a world of strong economies.
What do we do?
We’re one of the world’s leading providers of training and professional development for accountants. Through us, aspiring leaders and business professionals can take a qualification called the ACA and become ICAEW Chartered Accountants. It’s our job to support you during your training and make sure that you’re reaching your full potential.
To find out more about what we do visit ICAEW Careers.
What do we offer?
We offer the ACA qualification, which is one of the most advanced learning and professional development programmes available. It has been designed to provide you with an in-depth understanding across accountancy, finance and business.
The ACA is designed to open up a world of opportunity across a huge range of workplaces. From the most renowned professional service firms, to entrepreneurial start-ups, charities and government bodies, there’s no end to where it can take you.
Five reasons to choose us:
- Community – you’ll be supported by our global network of over 153,000 members and over 28,700 students.
- Leadership Potential – the ACA prepares you for leadership right up to board level. That’s why 83 of the FTSE 100 companies have an ICAEW Chartered Accountant on their board.*
- Support – ACA students have high first time pass rates of 80%, driven by quality learning, teaching and support.**
- Progression – 90% of all ACA students qualify in four years or less, meaning fewer resits, and faster career progression.***
- Opportunity – take your career into any industry around the world – 96 of the world’s 100 leading brands employ ICAEW Chartered Accountants.****
How can I apply?
There are several steps to becoming a qualified ICAEW Chartered Accountant as a university graduate:
- Finish university with a degree in any subject
- Enter into an ACA training agreement with an authorised training employer, by applying to a vacancy on ICAEW training vacancies.
- Complete a combination of study, exams, practical work experience and ethics.
- Once you have completed your ACA training, you can apply to become a member of ICAEW.
- Once you’re accepted, you will be a fully qualified ICAEW Chartered Accountant and can use the letters ACA after your name.
To find out more about careers in chartered accountancy, visit ICAEW careers.
*ICAEW member data and FTSE 350 data at December 2018.
**ICAEW Case Study exam statistics 2018.
***Financial Reporting Council: Key Facts and Trends in Accountancy Profession 2018.
****Includes parent companies. Source: ICAEW member data at December 2018, Interbrand Best Global Brands 2018.
business, consulting and management, accountancy, banking and finance
Aberdeen and North East Scotland, East Midlands, East of England, Edinburgh and East Central Scotland, London, North East England, North West England, South East England, South West England, Wales, West Midlands, Worldwide, Yorkshire and the Humber