Applicants should have a minimum of a lower second-class (2:2) honours degree in the field of computing.
Months of entry
This fascinating and practical postgraduate degree builds on your existing graduate skills and teaches an offensive approach to cybersecurity, providing you with detailed knowledge of electronic attacks and how to defend against the methods used to gain access and exploit a system.
Join the only university in the UK to offer a master’s programme in Ethical Hacking and gain a deep understanding of security issues and concerns as you learn to think like a hacker, evaluating the security of a computer system by simulating a malicious attack.
We aim to change the way you think. We encourage lively debates about pertinent ethical and security issues, developing your hacker mindset and instilling you with a determination to ‘do your bit’ to improve security in the world of computing.
In addition, this programme will:
- Provide the core skills to allow you to take positions in a variety of companies where computer security is a major issue
- Put you at the forefront of new developments in security
- Give you the benefit of an active teaching group with a growing reputation based on industry links and Knowledge Transfer projects.
- Allow you to learn in a project based, entrepreneurial and enterprise culture.
From forensic computing to network security, this programme covers a wide range of subjects. Within these, you’ll learn about
- Web hacking
- Password cracking
- Malware analysis
- Port scanning
- Buffer overflows
...and much more.
Information for international students
All applicants are required to provide certified proof of competence in English Language. The University's minimum requirements are IELTS 6.0 (with no band lower than 5.5); or a suitable equivalent qualification.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Student Recruitment Office
- +44 (0)1382 308 080