Applicants will normally have:
- An undergraduate degree (2:2 or better in any subject) which may be supplemented with professional experience and evidence of ability to study at postgraduate level
- Interest in counselling as a profession or career/personal enhancement
- Some experience in helping professionally or voluntarily
- Two references (personal and professional).
Months of entry
Develop your theoretical understanding, hone your practical skills and achieve a higher level of personal awareness and resilience by studying counselling at a postgraduate level. This MSc equips you with the skills you need to offer emotional support for people experiencing problems in their lives.
Join the only programme in the UK to provide comprehensive training in the pluralistic framework for counselling and psychotherapy integration. This means you’ll absorb a wide range of theories and interventions, learning how best to adapt your approach to the needs of your clients.
We enjoy a rich tradition of providing training in counselling and counselling skills. Our teaching staff are highly respected leaders in their field, and you’ll be joining a vibrant community of practitioners and past and current students.
Abertay has a strong research orientation, and the Tayside Centre for Counselling (TCC) is based on campus. There are opportunities for you to be involved in projects that are influencing and developing the role and effectiveness of counselling interventions in modern society.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Joe Armstrong
- +44 (0)1382 308700