About AECC University College
Founded in 1965, AECC University College is a specialist health institution with character, international reputation and a history of caring. Located in Bournemouth, our Parkwood Campus is nestled in a beautiful bluebell woodland, just a 10 minute stroll from seven miles of award winning sandy beaches and picturesque sea views. We pride ourselves in the quality of our teaching and along with excellence in education we offer on-site clinical training and research within a unique multidisciplinary environment.
Benefit from both our rich history of pioneering advances in the health sector and the quality knowledge of our teaching staff, who are regarded as the best in the world in their specialism. We offer a range of undergraduate, postgraduate and short courses across our three schools:
- School of Chiropractic
- School of Psychology, Sport and Physical Activity
- School of Medical Ultrasound
Our small and welcoming campus means you can truly influence and harness the opportunities around you. Professional and personal support will underpin your academic success, allowing you to reach your goals and fulfil your potential. With over 50% of our students coming from outside the UK, our single campus has a vibrant and supportive international student community.
In order to support you during your time at AECC University College, we offer a wide range of student services to help you make the most of your degree.
Our beautiful library offers tech-enabled study pods, desk space, comfy and replaced seating and a self-serve kiosk.
Professional development for healthcare professionals
Enhance your professional development with our postgraduate courses, designed so you can earn your degree while you work. Along with postgraduate qualifications, we also offer a number of CPD seminars on campus along with networking events for our growing healthcare alumni. Collaboration and creating new knowledge is central to our activity as a science – based University College and evidence base research is at the heart of everything we do.
Study key facts
- 100% of our graduates are employed or go onto further study within six months of completing their course
- £27k is the average salary of our undergraduate chiropractic interns six months after completing their course
- Rated Silver in the teaching excellence framework
- *Based on DLHE data for chiriopractic students
Bournemouth key facts
- Voted best beach in the UK in TripAdvisor travellers’ choice award 2018
- Bournemouth experiences 7.7 hours of summer sunshine a day
- Rich mix of green spaces and an active water-sport community
*Based on information from Bournemouth tourism.
- Social media accounts