- An undergraduate bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) prior to beginning your Initial Teacher Training in Setpember 2023
- Grade C/4 or above in Maths GCSE and English Language GCSE (or equivalent)
- Grade C/4 or above in Science GCSE (or equivalent) if you wish to teach primary
- A degree or related A level in Physics
Months of entry
Train to teach with Ark!
'I chose Ark Teacher Training because I wanted to train in a school rather than a lecture theatre, whilst also having access to an excellent network of support and training. I have loved getting hands-on experience and developing my skills in the classroom and I’ve found putting training into practice straight away to be invaluable.' Ellyn, Ark trainee
Ark is a charity that aims to transform children’s lives through education. In the UK, the strongest predictor of how a child will do at school continues to be what their parents do for a living – but why should this be the accepted status quo? By working in our network at one of our 39 schools, you will be training to teach and directly making a positive impact on young people’s lives through high-quality teaching.
Ark Teacher Training (ATT) is a school-based programme so you are based in school from September, offering the perfect mixture of theory and classroom practice to develop you into the best teacher you can be. Because we believe that every child, regardless of their background, deserves to have access to a great education, we work mainly in communities of lower income with a history of academic underachievement. We are very proud to have just received our second ‘outstanding’ rating from Ofsted in all categories! There are only a few ITTs in the UK that can say the same. Alongside this, our programme is also incredibly supportive and bespoke, as you will see below.
- Continuous support throughout your training year and beyond.
- Being able to practice teaching strategies before entering the classroom at our two week summer school in August
- A curriculum based on leading educational research.
- A unique focus on subject curriculum.
- A supportive network of tutors, other teachers, and trainees past and present.
Information for international students
We are unfortunately unable to sponsor international students
Fees and funding
Most trainees, particularly recent graduates, train through the School Direct bursary route which for Physics, is currently £24,000 tax-free.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Once you reach the end of your training year you will be recommended for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), a nationally recognised teaching qualification allowing you to teach in other schools.You will also gain your internationally recognised Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) through our partnership with Goldsmiths, University of London.
|What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)
|Written coursework / continuous assessment
Course contact details
- Laura Nelson