Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- Applicants will need to hold a Diploma, Foundation Degree or BSc in Ophthalmic Dispensing, have passed the Association of British Dispensing Opticians PQP and FQE exams or hold the Anglia Ruskin Foundation Degree in Ophthalmic Dispensing (registerable award).
- Applicants will need to be a UK or Ireland based, GOC registered dispensing optician with at least two years continuous GOC registration as a qualified dispensing optician prior to the start of the course.
- Applicants are required to submit a CV and personal statement (200 words) supporting their application.
- Supervisors must be a currently GOC registered optometrist, or contact lens optician, and have been continuously so for at least the last two years at the start of the course. They must be able to supervisor you in practice for a minimum of one day a week throughout the duration of your studies.
Months of entry
Take your career to the next level with our contact lens course. Designed for UK General Optical Council (GOC) registered dispensing opticians looking to specialise in contact lenses, our course will build on the training you already have, giving you the knowledge and skill set to look after contact lens patients. Subject to GOC full approval*, completion of our PG Cert and the assessment of clinical competencies will lead to entry-level registration with the GOC as a Contact Lens Optician.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- ARU Applicant Enquiries Team