Entry requirements include:
- A good UK honours degree, or
- An equivalent overseas degree recognised by Aston University, or
- A degree-level professional qualification.
- At least three years' relevant post-graduation work experience by the time you start your programme
- An official academic transcript of your grades (in English)
- Two references - at least one from an academic referee, the other from your current or previous employer. Two professional references may be accepted from applicants with substantial work experience Admission outside of these guidelines is possible for exceptional students.
English language requirements can be found here
Applicants with extensive work experience
We accept applications from candidates with extensive work experience who have not completed a graduate qualification.
We take a holistic approach in evaluating applications. If you would like to get a better idea before applying, you are welcome to contact one of our MBA advisers for an informal discussion.
The information contained on this website details the typical entry requirements for this course for the most commonly offered qualifications. Applicants with alternative qualifications may wish to enquire with the relevant admissions teams prior to application whether or not their qualifications are deemed acceptable. For less commonly encountered qualifications this will be judged on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the academic admissions tutor.
Months of entry
The Aston MBA – Learn to Lead.
Ranked as one of the world’s top MBA programmes*, The Aston MBA is empowering the next generation of global business leaders and entrepreneurs.
At the cutting-edge of innovation, we offer a highly practical, experiential approach to learning. You’ll actively engage with pioneering leadership practice and gain valuable experience working on real-life consultancy projects.
Strategically-focused and flexible, you can tailor the course to your interests and professional aspirations. Whatever your career ambitions, we can help you achieve them.
What’s covered on the course?
Discover cutting-edge leadership concepts and frameworks and put these principles into practice with applied exercises and real-life business projects. In doing so, you’ll develop your ability to inspire and lead enterprises and be a force for positive change within organisations.
Covering a broad range of business topics, this course will equip you with an extensive understanding of how businesses operate in today’s fiercely competitive global commercial environment.
Thanks to our practical and holistic approach to teaching, you’ll get the chance to solve real-life business challenges through various live consultancy projects. You’ll draw on your learnings from commercial disciplines, including strategy, operations management, marketing as well as finance, which will give you a well-rounded knowledge of business.
We’ll help you to develop an entrepreneurial mindset and master the arts of critical analysis and strategic thinking. This will allow you to perceive opportunities and overcome complex commercial challenges.
The Aston Edge – our personal leadership development programme will build your self-confidence, develop essentials soft skills and help you create your career development plan, which can ensure you achieve your professional goals.
You can study your MBA your way. With a wide range of optional module and our innovative self-defined study component, this flexible MBA programme can be tailored to you and your career aspirations.
You’ll be taught by a highly-regarded teaching faculty, which is made up of leading academics and experienced professionals. Our teaching philosophy is based on putting business principles into practice, meaning you’ll learn through a series of applied, task-based activities.
All this combined creates for a rewarding learning experience which will transform you and your career. We’ll help you to fulfil your potential and realise your career ambitions.
What makes The Aston MBA experience so unique?
These five core values underpin the entire Aston MBA programme and ensure your development is central to everything we do:
1. Powerful Personal Development – enhancing leadership capabilities and developing an entrepreneurial mindset to empower confident, responsible business leaders of the future.
2. Cutting-edge Teaching – delivering innovative and experiential teaching methods in order to provide a rich, empowering learning experience.
3. Engaging, Flexible Curriculum – powerful course content that reflects the modern global business environment and which can be tailored to your interests and career aspirations.
4. Diverse, Supportive Environment – a friendly and diverse learning environment, where inclusion and collaboration are valued.
5. Lasting Thought Leadership – recognising and addressing the latest trends and issues, thereby enabling you to have a meaningful impact in global business and leadership for years to come.
Study in one of Europe's top Business schools and see the results of an Aston MBA for yourself:
- Gain perspective and a critical insight into your own managmeent style, allowing you to become a dynamic and inspirational leader with the insight to move your business and career forward
- Enhance your global employability with our dedicated skills workshops
- Refine valuable practical management skills
- Build your future business networks
- Study at one of just 1% of business schools in the world to hold AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accreditation
Information for international students
With more than 25 nationalities represented last year, the Aston MBA is truly international. This international make-up is central to the programme, designed to enhance the learning experience and to create an environment which helps you develop the essential skills required to become a global leader.
Fees and funding
Our MBA scholarships are designed to support talented applicants wishing to develop their skills and knowledge with the Aston MBA.
For full and up to date details please visit our MBA Scholarships page.
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
The full-time MBA programme starts annually in January and October. See our Executive Part-time MBA and online MBA programmes as an alternative.
Course contact details
- MBA Office
- +44 (0)121 204 3100