- At least a 2:2 honours degree or equivalent in an area related to subject of study.
- Grade B/Grade 5 in the GCSE examination in any of the following: English Language, English Literature, Welsh Language (First Language), Welsh Literature. Where an equivalent to a grade B in either English Literature or Welsh Literature is achieved, a minimum of a grade C/grade 4 must be achieved in the corresponding GCSE examination in English or Welsh (First) Language.
- Grade B/Grade 5 in the GCSE Examination in Mathematics or Mathematics-Numeracy must also be achieved.
- GCSE grade B equivalency tests in English and mathematics are available to applicants for admission to the teacher education courses for the next academic session at Bangor University. Applicants wishing to undertake the equivalency test must already have a grade C at GCSE standard.
- A willingness and positive attitude towards seeking to improve personal use of the Welsh Language.
Months of entry
The Secondary PGCE programme is designed to provide you with a deep understanding of how children and adolescents learn, and equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to develop as a creative and innovative teacher. You will learn about adolescent’s development through the Secondary sector and be supported to become an excellent teacher.
Why study with us?
- Committed schools with well-trained mentors will support Associate Teachers’ progress towards Qualified Teacher Status in accordance with Professional Standards for Teaching and Leadership in Wales.
- Experienced tutors and researchers in university and school based staff will provide excellent support and stimulating sessions, and the qualification gained will equip students to teach within and beyond Wales.
- You do not need to live in Wales or speak Welsh to apply for the course. We will support you in your understanding of Welsh culture and your Welsh language learning whether you are a complete beginner or a fluent user of the language.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details