Successful applicants normally hold, or expect to obtain, a 2(ii) undergraduate Honours degree in a physical, mathematical or other numerate science. If places are available, we will also consider applicants with a good and relevant Lower Second Class Honours Degree. Applicants from Geography, Geology, Biology and other sciences will be considered if they can demonstrate high motivation and have mathematics to A-level or beyond. Mature students with at least two years alternative experience are also encouraged to apply.
Months of entry
This course introduces students with a first degree in the physical, mathematical or other numerate sciences to the subject of Physical Oceanography. The course has run for over 40 years and is unique in the UK for the depth of physical oceanography training provided. As well as giving an overview of physical oceanography, the course enable students to study in detail those aspects of the subject for which they have particular interest.
- Provide a thorough training in the theory and application of physical oceanography.
- Familiarize the student with modern oceanographic instrumentation and observational techniques.
- Introduce state-of-the-art computational fluid dynamics, data analysis and fundamental modelling methods.
- Provide the student with the practical experience and physical understanding necessary to address significant problems in the coastal ocean environment.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)1248 383717