Normally successful candidates will have a First Class Honours or Masters degree, or equivalent, in a related discipline. Candidates with an Upper Second Class honours degree, or equivalent, may be accepted if they can present evidence of their ability to study at this level.
Months of entry
Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences, with research interests in:
Sport psychology/human performance:
- Stress and performance
- Application of social cognitive theories to sport and performance
- Mental imagery
- Group dynamics
- Personality and emotion regulation
- The application of all of the above in business, military and other contexts.
Exercise Psychology/health behaviours:
- Participation motivation
- Implicit processes.
- Clinical exercise physiology
- Performance physiology
- Muscle wasting in chronic disease
- Rehabilitation in chronic disease
- Psychobiology of physical exertion
- Skeletal muscle function and biochemistry
- Cardio-vascular physiology
- Exercise and immune function; diet and exercise
- Hydration/dehydration and exercise
- Physiology of extreme environments.
Motor Control and Learning:
- Visual control of movement
- Motor programming
- Perception and action
- Feedback processing.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1248 388256