You should have a primary qualification in Dentistry - BDS or equivalent, plus two years full-time (or equivalent) post qualification clinical practice of dentistry, including evidence that you have specific relevant experience in Prosthodontic care.
Months of entry
If you are a dental graduate who wants to pursue a career in prosthodontics, this programme is for you. The Professional Doctorate Programme in Prosthodontics provides an integrated 3 years training for dentists who aspire to be specialists, either in primary or secondary services, or clinical academics of the future. The DClinDent Degree integrates academic activities with clinical practice and research up to level 8 of FHEQ and covers all the topics in the GDC(UK) Specialist Curriculum. The degree is full-time and will provide a sound basis for developing an academic career and for preparing for a career as a specialist in the discipline of Prosthodontics. Completion of this programme can lead to Membership in Prosthodontics of The Royal College of Surgeons.
This programme will:
- Familiarise you with up-to-date, novel and evidence based clinical practice in prosthodontics
- Give you hands-on training in fixed and removable prosthodontics and implant dentistry
- Allow you to participate in new patient diagnostic clinics
- Provide research training to professional doctorate level.
Information for international students
Proficiency in written and spoken English is essential and non-native English speakers are required to have a minimum overall IELTS score of 7.0 with a writing score of 6.5.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Institute of Dentistry
- +44 (0)20 7882 8930