Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
For entry onto the programme you will need either an appropriate degree or equivalent from a recognised academic institution, or an appropriate professional qualification (for example nursing) or experience acceptable to the Programme Director and Director of Graduate Studies.
Months of entry
This distance learning programme gives you the necessary academic background and specialist skills to carry out healthcare and clinical research in health services, academic environments, contract research organisations, or pharmaceutical industry environments. It is designed for those who need an understanding of the healthcare research process, providing a detailed picture of the complex and highly inter-related activities of the development cycle, from discovery to successful commercialisation.
Over the last 30 years healthcare research and drug development have been transformed from peripheral activities carried out on an ad hoc basis to a core activity that requires trained, professional, staff. We have developed a modular postgraduate programme in healthcare research, designed to give you the necessary academic background and specialist skills to carry out healthcare research in a contract research organisation, pharmaceutical industry or health service environment.
If you are a graduate, nurse, medical doctor or other health professional working in contract research organisations, the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare, this programme has been designed for you.
This programme will:
- Give you an understanding of the regulatory framework governing good clinical research
- Allow you to apply the principles that you have learnt to your professional commitments
- Contribute to the research culture and knowledge base in healthcare
- Give you the knowledge to solve problems in healthcare practice
- Develop your skills in gathering, recording and communicating information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- William Harvey Research Institute
- +44 (0)20 7882 5511