Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
The course is aimed at qualified doctors, physiotherapists and osteopaths. All applicants need at least one year of clinical experience. If you are a physiotherapist with an overseas qualification, you must be registered with the Health Professions Council.
Months of entry
The programme is suitable for physiotherapists, osteopaths and doctors.
This internationally renowned programme is open to doctors and physiotherapists. As the longest-established Sports and Exercise Medicine MSc in the country, we have a prestigious history. The programme is based on the philosophy of total care for the athlete and the promotion of physical activity in the general population. Working in sport is a largely practical discipline and the programme's emphasis lies firmly on regular clinical experience. You will benefit from regular contact with members of the Centre for Sports and Exercise Medicine as well as visiting clinicians and lecturers who are experienced sport medicine specialists.
The Centre is ideally situated on the same campus as the sports injury, physiotherapy, podiatry and the interdisciplinary combined sports clinics. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to attend recognised external clinics around London, as well as the chance to attend sporting events and visits to national centres of excellence where possible.
Successful alumni have gone on to hold pivotal positions in sports medicine across the UK and internationally, including the Chief Medical Officer to the British Olympic Association and London 2012 and the Medical Director to the English Institute of Sport.
The Centre is renowned in the UK for its academic strength and excellence. Lectures are delivered by national experts; from cutting edge scientists to physiotherapists, doctors, and other health professionals working with world-class athletes.
This programme will:
- Offer you mastery of foundation concepts and skills in Sports and Exercise Medicine.
- Give you the knowledge and skills to assess sports injuries and to understand their treatment options, as well as understanding the physiological and psychological benefits of exercise and its use as a health tool.
- Allow you regular clinical contact with athletes and sportspeople.
- Introduce you to visiting lecturers, who are experts in the field of Sports Medicine.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time9 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- William Harvey Research Institute
- +44 (0)20 7882 5511