A good degree in textile design or equivalent qualification.
Months of entry
If you already have experience in textile or surface design this course will allow you to develop your portfolio to a professional standard and, if you choose, develop a range of products on which to found your own business.
The choice of materials, processes and markets is up to you and you will have access to a wide range of workshop facilities. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with other fashion and textile students. The course accepts students from other backgrounds too such as graphic design or fine art who want to reorientate their career.
What's covered in the course?
Your learning will be focused on studio and workshop practice, featuring personal programmes of study and joint lectures and seminars.
You’ll also enjoy specialist interpretations of art, craft and design supported by our highly experienced course team.
The course provides a forum to discuss and analyse the professional, commercial and cultural dimensions of textile and surface design in contemporary society.
Based at our city centre Parkside campus, you will have access to a wide range of conventional and CAD facilities available in constructed and printed textiles, 3D prototyping, ceramics and glass, as well as the opportunity to collaborate with a faculty full of creative students.
Your learning environment will encourage you to become an adaptable, flexible and knowledgeable graduate, equipped to pursue a career in the textile and surface design field.
Why choose us?
- Study with a globally respected provider of education in fashion and textiles.
- Benefit from a unified programme and work alongside textile, fashion and surface designers.
- Access a wide range of facilities, including digital print and a Gerber fashion CAD suite.
- Network and collaborate with other fashion students, our wider postgraduate community and beyond.
- Enjoy a vast archive of fashion publications dating back to the 1930s.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries