Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
For entry in this course, learners must meet the following criteria:
- A UK level 6 diploma, an honours degree, or an equivalent qualification.
- The learner should be 21 or older at the time of enrollment.
- Mature learners are also advised to have management experience.
Learners are expected to have English language proficiency of CEFR Level B2, this can be met in any one the following ways:
- Being a native English language speaker
- Having achieved IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
- Having done your last two years of schooling in English
- Passing our online English language test
Months of entry
This OTHM Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Project Management provides learners with the core knowledge of managing projects at various strategic levels. The course will prepare you to deal with dynamic and complex business challenges when planning and improvising a project. This course is specifically designed for mature learners who wish to pursue higher studies or professional development. This qualification covers clear work-related practical skills alongside theoretical fundamentals.
Duration and Delivery
The qualification is designed to be completed over one year of full-time study. However, we accommodate for completely flexible delivery, so that students can schedule their learning around other commitments such as work or family. The qualification is delivered online through our Virtual Learning Environment.
Assessment and Verification
All units within this course are internally verified by our assessors and externally verified by OTHM. This course is criterion-referenced, based on specific learning outcomes. To achieve a “PASS” for a unit, a student must complete the learning outcomes to meet the assessment criteria set by OTHM.
The Level 7 Diploma in Project Management qualification is based on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) equivalent to a Master’s degrees. A Level 7 Diploma is shorter than a Masters degree, but learners can still get direct entry at dissertation level at a University’s Masters programme.
This course enables students to progress to a professional career or higher studies. As this qualification is regulated and approved by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), students are eligible to progress for Master’s top-up programs at University of Chichester.
- Unit 1: Planning, Controlling and Leading a Project (30 credits)
- Unit 2: Procurement Risk and Contract Management (30 credits)
- Unit 3: Advanced Project and Logistics Management (20 credits)
- Unit 4: Operations and Information Management for Project Managers (20 credits)
- Unit 5: Advanced Research Methods (20 credits)
Fees and funding
Pay in interest free installments.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- Level 7 Diploma
- flexible6+ months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
This course will usually take 12 months to complete, but we accommodate for flexible study, and so it is possible to complete it in a far shorter time frame (e.g. 6 months). You will have access to your course until completion, there is no deadline for completion.
Course contact details
- Francis Fitzgerald