Applicants must have a relevant initial degree at 2:2 classification or above.
Months of entry
The overall aim of this programme is to produce educators capable of operating at the highest levels within the educational arena, with the ability to integrate theory with practice and apply intellectual and academic rigour, informed by current educational research, to their professional context.
- Education - MA (full-time)
- Educational Leadership - MA
- Education: Community Practice - MA
- Education: Policy and Practice -MA
These awards have been developed after extensive consultation with employers, teachers, education professionals and students. The programme team aims to play a key role in supporting the continuing professional development of teachers, youth and community workers and education professionals.
The key benefits of studying this programme include:
- We take into consideration the 60 Master's level credits accrued by PGCE students, thus allowing them to fast track through the programme.
- Full and part-time home and international students from the various pathways study together, allowing for exchange of ideas across professions and nationalities.
- The period of candidature (up to 5 years part-time and 2 years full-time) allows students greater flexibility with their study schedule.
- Some of the modules are now delivered in blended format, and some are delivered via block attendance.
In addition to a dedicated supervisor, dissertation students also have 4 advanced research sessions during their dissertation year.
Information for international students
International students must have an IELTS score of 6.0 or above.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Student Recruitment Team
- 029 2041 6044